Helping communities discover the benefit of barrier free spaces and providing support to create them.
StopGap Foundation aims to create a world where every person can access every space. A world free of barriers would help give everyone the opportunity to live a life full of independence, spontaneity, and ultimate fulfillment.
Our Core Values
- Fun: bringing a lighter tone to our work in helping address a serious issue.
- Community: creating harmony in communities by engaging groups of people who would not typically work together.
- Inclusion: having reverence for everyone’s abilities.
- Empowerment: enabling independence and spontaneity through sharing knowledge and resources.
- Inspire: celebrating successes and inviting other communities to participate.
WCAG: Access to a Physical and Digital World
We understand that barriers can present themselves in many ways. Much like a step preventing many people from accessing a building, content available on the internet might be difficult to access for someone with a disability. The goal of web accessibility and WCAG guidelines is to establish inclusive access to information for people of all abilities. This website has been designed to Level AAA as established by the Accessibility Initiative of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). Our friends at Brightworks have ensured that specific web accessibility principles have been adhered to in the design of this website. These web accessibility principles include: perceivable, operable, understandable, and robust.
More about WCAG