Applications are now closed.
If you are looking for our Summer 2020 posting, stay tuned to https://stopgap.ca/blog/ as this is where we’ll put up the Internship position posting in late April, 2020.
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT MAKING OUR WORLD A MORE INCLUSIVE AND ACCESSIBLE PLACE FOR EVERYONE?
StopGap Foundation is looking for a rockstar student to take part in our full-time paid Summer Internship Program from July 2nd to August 30th, 2019 (9 weeks).
WHO WE ARE
StopGap Foundation is a Toronto based charity that raises awareness about the importance of accessibility, inclusion, and a barrier-free society. This work is being achieved through a number of programs including our now infamous Ramp Project, which involves outfitting single-stepped entryways with customized brightly coloured access ramps – the ramps have been placed in over 1600 locations in more than 60 communities across the country! Alongside the Ramp Project, StopGap Foundation runs multiple education, outreach, and team building programs to increase awareness of both external and internal barriers. These programs are successfully helping communities and the people living in them reach their full potential. StopGap Foundation is led by its Co-Founder and Executive Director and is looking for a Junior Designer – Summer Intern to be responsible for creating engaging online and offline content.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
– Create fun and engaging content for our social media channels
– Lead the development of The Ramp Man 2 comic book
– Create video content of various StopGap initiatives
– Coordinate StopGap Foundation’s involvement in outdoor events and street festivals
StopGap Foundation headquarters is located at The Centre for Social Innovation’s wonderful new home at 192 Spadina Ave. in Toronto. You will be expected to work 37.5 hours per week, but you decide when you work them. With the possibility of working the occasional evening and/or weekend.
WHO YOU ARE
– Full-time student aged 15 to 30 who is intending to return to their studies in September 2019 (Canada Summer Jobs 2019)
– Self-directed and motivated, but also works well with a team
– Organized and reliable
– Strong verbal and written communication
– Design-thinker (i.e., environmental/industrial design, graphic/illustrative design)
– Competency with digital media
– Access to technological software and devices (i.e., laptop, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office etc.)
HOW TO APPLY
Tell us about yourself and why you would like to work with us to help create a barrier-free world.
Send us a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com by May 31st, 2019. Interviews will take place between June 10th and 14th, 2019.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!